Our Water Mill
Home | About CAC | Meetings | Join Our Mailing List   
About CAC Hot Topics Join A Meeting Meeting Minutes Contact Us Join Our Mailing List Who To Call Recreation How We Were Business Directory Southampton Town Water Mill Museum Water Mill Community Club
  Who to Call
How do I register to vote here?
It’s as easy as picking up an application at the Post Office. Or contact the Suffolk County Board of Elections at (631) 852-4500.

Who do I call about the noisy renters who have moved in next door?
If talking to them personally doesn’t work, call the Town Police at
(631) 728-5000. Should you suspect they are Groupies, Town code specifies that no more than 5 unrelated adults can occupy a house and this would be a case for Town Code Enforcement at (631) 702-2928

My neighbor is putting in a pool practically on our boundary line.
Is this legal?

To find out you will need your neighbor’s tax property number, which you can look up at the Building Department at Town Hall, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton.  Your own tax map number is on the top of your tax bill. After locating neighbor’s number, see a Building Inspector for set back requirements. Building Dept. is open 8:30 – 4:00. Or, call (631) 287-5700, ext. 344.

Do I need a building permit to construct an addition on my house?
Yes.  Apply in person at the Building Department at Town Hall, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton.  Or, call (631) 287-5700.

When do I need I beach permit?   
On beaches with lifeguards, from Memorial Day to mid-September.  On other beaches, from July 1. Permits available at beaches with attendants.
You must supply proof of residency with driver’s license or tax bill. 

How do I get a permit to have a clambake or Fireworks on the beach? 
Permit forms are available at the Department of Parks and Recreation at
6 Newtown Road, Hampton Bays. Or call (631) 728-8585.

How can we get a Stop Sign at the end of our street?
Call the office of the Town Highway Superintendent:  (631) 728-3600.

Found somebody’s lost dog (no tags).  What to do?
Call the Southampton Town Animal Shelter right away. It’s where the owner should call to get quickly reunited with the dog. Telephone is (631) 728-7387.  You can also call to alert the Animal Rescue Fund (ARF) at (631) 537-8400.

Who do I call to report potholes?
Call the office of the Town Highway Superintendent  at (631) 728-3600.

Is there a local bus service along the Montauk Highway?
Suffolk County Transit provides bus service throughout Suffolk, including to Montauk. New bus shelters along the Montauk Highway alert you to stops.  For schedule call (631) 852-5200 or go to their web site: www.sct-bus.org



Privacy | Home | About CAC | Contact Us | Join Our Mailing List | Site Map